ROK-ON Structural Insulated Sheathing
ROK-ON™ Structural Insulated Sheathing combines strength, fire resistance and insulation efficiency all in one panel making it a code compliant, budget friendly choice for Architects and designers to specify. ROK-ON™ is made using non-combustible, structural surface on the outside face as well as on the inside face of the panel which encapsultes the insulation making it superior in strength and fire resistance . For more information on ROK-ON™ SIS please call or email us or visit the ROK-ON™ website
PROJECT PROFILE: Mary Winder Community Center (Oneida, NY)
It's one thing to logically think... it must be better, more effiecient and cost effective to have 3-layers of exterior wall assembley in one panel... but knowing what you know based on experience from an actual installation makes the logical thought a reality and believable.
TAKE-AWAYS from Project Install:
- ROK-ON is faster than tradition continuously insulated wall method with seperate layers.
- ROK-ON reduces waste. 60,000 SF figured with 5% waste (6 panel left over.) 3 seperate products (2 layers) in traditional insulted assembly each has waste.
- ROK-ON might be a little heavier than traditioanl sheathing but is flat and has a 2-3/4" ledge for the panel to set on.
- ROK-ON has a back sheet which allows panels to bridge studs - eliminated the need to cut back panels to fall on studs (saves time and waste)
- ROK-ON is flat which provides perfect substrate for cladding attachment.
- ROK-ON can be left uncovered for 180 days). No buttering of joints. Not the case for plywood based SIS products.
- ROK-ON can provide pre-cut panels (Radius Atrium).
- ROK-ON provides pre-ripped, non-combustible x structural window bucks. Big $$ savings over FT 2x10 ripped to 8-3/4" in field.
- ROK-ON Engineers worked with project engineer and architect to design fin brackets. Brackets attached to outside face of ROK-ON - not back to stud.
- ROK-ON is installed with 1 trade (sheathing, CI and cladding attachment) vs. multiple trades.
- ROK-ON 3 in 1 panel is less material handling on site.